WHS News Now
If you are planning to attend the Winter Semi-Formal on January 11th, please be sure to refer to the following documents:
Penn State Scranton's 2020 SAT Review Course
Penn State Scranton's SAT Review Course offers high school students the opportunity to prepare for their SAT exams. By utilizing SAT-produced materials and practicing with retired test questions, students become familiar with the time issues and flow of the test and they also review subject matter with instructors and develop strategies to successfully take the test. This review helps students find a level of confidence and attitude that will take them to their highest potential on the SAT test.
Dates: Wednesdays, January 15 - February 26, 2020
Times: 5:30 pm - 8:30 pm
Fee: $149.50 for each prep course (Math and Verbal), materials included.
To register, please visit http://scranton.psu.edu/SAT-prep.
The Online Yearbook Store is Available Now!!
Your WAHS Yearbook staff is hard at work making this year's great photos, stories, and memories come to life in an amazing yearbook just for you. So now is your chance to own your history, see your life, your friends, your school, and your community - all beautifully captured in Wallenpaupack's 2020 yearbook. It's sure to last a lifetime. Why are you waiting? Yearbooks are $55 if you order by 12/31/2019! The regular price for a Yearbook is $65. You can order online by clicking the button above!
American Legion Essay Contest for 2020
Since the inception of the Department of Pennsylvania state Essay Contest in 1935, The American Legion has awarded well over $500,000 in scholarships, while local American Legion Posts, counties, Districts and Sections have also offered suitable awards and prizes for their respective best essay winners.
Through the annual Department of Pennsylvania American Legion Essay scholarship contest, students are provided an opportunity to showcase their talents and abilities in English by using originality, accuracy and research as evidence, while learning that the responsibilities and duties of good citizenship can be both rewarding and fun.
Any student enrolled in grades 9 through 12 in a public, private or parochial school or who is home schooled in Pennsylvania is eligible to participate. The submission deadline is January 17, 2020.
The brochure for the contest can be found here. For more information, visit the Pennsylvania American Legion's website.
2019-2020 Reading Lists for Returning Students
The English Department's Reading Lists for the 2019-2020 school year are now available for 9th through 12th graders. Be sure to check your requirements.
Attention Seniors! Career Opportunity with Allied Services
To see how Allied Services can help start your healthcare career, please read this document.
Employment Opportunity - 18 and Older
- Individuals can apply online at 2020census.gov/jobs and will have the option to take the supervisory exam.
- Pay rate for Pike and Wayne Counties is $16.00 an hour while working and $14.50 an hour during training for address canvassers and enumerators.
- Pay rate for Census Field Supervisors is $17.50 an hour for Pike and Wayne Counties while working and $16.00 an hour during training.
- 58 cents per mile gas reimbursement while working.
- Job opportunities will be available from Summer 2019 to Summer 2020.
- Address canvassers and enumerators are part time, temporary with flexible hours.
- Census Field Supervisors are full time temporary.
- All jobs are project work so hours for work opportunities can increase or decrease based on operation that's occurring.
- Address Canvassers Job Description: verify addresses in local community and check for discrepancies from 2010 census address list.
- Enumerators Job Description: Ask questions to members of the community from the 2020 Census Questionnaire (this job is more door to door work except during group enumeration like senior living facilities, for example).
- Census Field Supervisors job description: Supervises and Trains the address canvassers and enumerators.
- Weekly pay
- 18 years or older to work but can apply at 17 years old. When the individual turns 18 the application will be transferred over to be eligible to work.
- Any questions? Please call 1‑855‑562‑2020.
Kids Food Pantry Available in High School
I proudly announce our "Kids Food Pantry" here in our high school.
Kids Pantry began last November with the idea that we could make the holidays a little special for our students in need. We are still going strong thanks to the extraordinary generosity of private individuals, our amazing staff and teachers, students, our community churches and businesses.
Your donations are always welcome to keep this much needed pantry going.
Please feel free to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or at (570) 226-4557 x5242.
The Kids and I Thank You,
Rosemary Musoleno Martynuk
Local News Coverage:
Dress Code InformationThe Wallenpaupack Area School District has revised the dress code for the High School and Middle School. Students and parents should become familiar with the guidelines before shopping for school clothes. The guidelines can be found here.
Working PapersClick on the Student Information link and follow the instructions for obtaining the Application for Working Papers.
To report a student absent, between 7:30 and 8:30 a.m.
Please include: your name, student's name, date and reason for absence. If you have children in more than one building, each building must be contacted.
For more information, please see the Parent/Student Handbook.
Accessing Athletic Schedules & District Events
Please Note: Schedulestar.com has shown incompatibilities with Internet Explorer 8 (the last version available to Windows XP). It is recommended that you use a newer version of Internet Explorer (for Windows 7 and above) or Firefox or Google Chrome to access this site.
Please use schedulestar.com to access all schedules. Instructions for navigating schedulstar.com can be found here. Instructions for registering on ScheduleStar and receiving alerts when schedules change can be found here.