Important Information Regarding Keystone Testing
Parents and Guardians - Please review this letter from Principal Gunuskey regarding the upcoming Keystone exams.
Any student who wishes to play a fall sport must receive a sports physical dated on or after June 1, 2017. Paperwork for school physicals will be distributed to students May 1st - 5th in the Middle School. Students and parents must fill out the paperwork and return it to Mrs. Olsheski in the nurse's office by Wednesday, May 31st. Wallenpaupack School District will provide sports physicals to students who have handed-in completed paperwork on June 6th and 7th during the school day.
8th Grade Parent Night Presentation Now Available
The Guidance Department presentation on preparing for High School is now available for viewing by clicking here. If you have any questions, please contact the Middle School Guidance office.
About Those Water Bottles ...
Student hydration is a research-proven way to help our students better succeed. Students who stay hydrated generally perform better on exams, have longer attention spans and maintain better interactions with their peers. In the past, students relied on the water fountain and whatever intake they had at lunch to stay hydrated. This is simply not enough.
This water bottle is being provided to your child free of charge from the Student Council. This BPA-free bottle will be the only approved form of hydrating during classes. Below are the guidelines all students will need to follow when hydrating in the Middle School:
- Wash this bottle at home before using. Hand-wash only.
- First and last name will be placed on the bottle as directed by the homeroom teacher.
- WATER ONLY - Juices, soft drinks, flavorings etc. will not be permitted. Any students carrying anything but water in their bottle will be directed to dump the contents, rinse and refill their bottle with water.
- Natural flavorings such as a lemon slice are permitted.
- Students are NOT allowed to be drinking from their water bottles in the hallways. Spilled water may cause a slip hazard to others. Access to the water bottle is therefore limited to the classroom and the cafeteria.
- Any other water bottles are prohibited. This bottle is the only approved water bottle.
- Replacements may be purchased for $4 by contacting the office. Supplies of replacements are limited. Please encourage your child to be responsible and keep track of their water bottle.
Wallenpaupack Youth Sports Equipment Exchange
Do you have sports equipment you've outgrown? Would you like to pick up some 'slightly used' equipment at low prices? If you answered 'Yes' to either of those questions, then check out the information on the Wallenpaupack Youth Sports Equipment Exchange.
2016-2017 WAMS Yearbooks Are On Sale NOW!
Order forms for the 2016-2017 WAMS Yearbook have been distributed to students by their homeroom teachers. If ordering, please make checks payable to Lifetouch.
You can also order online by following this link. The Yearbook ID Code to use is 11369617.
Order Deadline is Friday, March 31st, 2017!!.
Dress Code Information
The Wallenpaupack Area School District has revised the dress code for the High School and Middle School. Students and parents should become familiar with the guidelines before shopping for school clothes. The guidelines can be found here.
To report a student absent, between 7:30 and 8:30 a.m.
Phone: (570) 226-4557 | press 9 | extension 3057
Fax: (570) 251-3165
Please include: your name, student's name, date and reason for absence. If you have children in more than one building, each building must be contacted. For more information, please see the Parent/Student Handbook
Important: Please be aware that the official opening of school is 7:50 am. Also, please be aware that children arriving after 8:00 am are marked tardy.
If you are going to pick up a student from school at dismissal time, you must send a note with your child. If someone else is picking up your child, please state so in note. If we do not have a note, the student will be placed on their bus home.
Hot breakfasts are served every morning in the MS Cafeteria from 7:30 am to 8:10 am. The price is $1.95. Students who receive free/reduced lunch also receive free/reduced breakfast ($.30).
FundingFactory Recycling Program
The MS is participating in a free printer cartridge and cell phone recycling program. Recycling items may be submitted to the MS Main Office, attention Mr. Theobald.